So I cleaned out my veggie drawer picking out everything green: snow peas, green onions, pears, kiwis, limes and avocados! AND what salad is complete without a little crunch so I topped it off with some pistachios. GREEN SUPREME!!
Green truly does mean healthy. Avocados alone pack some powerful nutritional benefits. They give this salad a nice creamy finish that stands up great to the spicy green onions, sweet snow peas and pears, tart kiwis, and nutty pistachios.
MEAN GREEN SALAD
- 2 avocados
- 3 kiwis
- 2 pears
- 1 1/2 limes
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas, sliced
- 1 green onion, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- Lime-Apple Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cups of water with the juice of half a lime. Using a melon-baller, scoop out the flesh of the pears, placing the pears in the acidulated water. (This will help prevent the pears from browning.)
- Scoop out the flesh of the kiwi and avocados and place in another bowl and combine with sliced snow peas and green onions. Add in the pear and lime-apple vinaigrette, then gently toss together.
- Place salad onto serving platter and top with pistachios.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine vinegar, lime juice and honey in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!