|Wendy's Chili Con Carne|
|Chili with all of the fixin's|
|You can't forget the toppings!|
|Some jalapenos to kick it up a notch|
|What do you like on your chili?|
WENDY'S CHILI CON CARNE
- 1 1/4 pound of lean ground sirloin (96/4)
- 2 small or 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, minced (with or without seeds)
- can of beer
- 28 ounce can of tomatoes, with juice
- can of kidney or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of chipotle chili powder (depending on heat)
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- olive oil
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large, heavy bottom pot over medium high heat.
- Add onions and bell peppers, stirring until onions are translucent. Add garlic and jalapenos and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in ground sirloin and cook until meat is browned. Meanwhile, in small bowl mix together chili powders, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, oregano and salt.
- Once meat is cooked through stir in spice mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Add can of beer. Using a wooden spoon scrape up any bits stuck on the bottom of the pot. Simmer until liquid has reduced by half.
- Add in canned tomatoes with juice, pinto beans and bay leaves. Bring pot to a simmer, cover and cook for 2-3 hours until flavors are developed. Eat immediately or reheated the next day.
- Serve with chopped green onions, fresh cilantro, sliced jalapeno, lime wedges and your favorite shredded cheese. Enjoy!