|Peppermint packed recipe below|
|MMMmmm... Perfectly Peppermint|
PLUS a box of the mind-blowing, culinary invention: Candy Cane Joe-Joe's from Trader Joe's. They are sublimely delicious candy cane flavored Oreo-type cookies.
|Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe-Joe's|
|Early image of candy canes (via Wikipedia)|
|Nutella and peppermint.... awesome combo!|
|Look at those layers of chocolate cookie, peppermint cream and Nutella!|
|First ice the tops of the Candy Cane Cookies with Nutella and make a stack of two cookies|
|Place cookies in muffin tins lined with 4-inch circles of pie crust|
|Top with more pie crust and use a fork to seal it together|
|Brush pies with melted butter and top with crushed candy canes|
|Peppermint Pie Perfection!|
MINI CANDY CANE COOKIE PIES
Adapted from Picky-Palate
- 2 refrigerated 9-inch pie crusts
- 16 Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe-Joe Cookies
- 1 cup Nutella
- Candy canes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut out eight 4-inch rounds and carefully press into muffin tins that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread Nutella onto each cookie and then stack two on top of each other. Place cookie stacks into each pie crust.
- With remaining dough, cut out 3-inch rounds and place on top of each pie. Using your fingers or a fork crimp the edges. Make a small slit on the top of each pie.
- Brush melted butter on top of each crust and then top with crushed candy canes.
- Bake until pie crust is golden, about 25-30 minutes. ENJOY!
Yield: 8 pies
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY CANE INSPIRED DESSERT??