Calling all brussels sprout haters!! You know who you are! I don't understand all of the B.S. around brussels sprouts. As one of my favorite vegetables I am still stunned when I hear my friends say "YUCK" when they see them. So hate no more with Brussels Sprout Pesto -- and it only takes 15 minutes to cook! You can't beat that!!
|Brussels Sprout Pesto -- Recipe below!!|
|Look at those cuties!!|
|This recipe takes just 15 minutes!!|
|Walnuts and brussels are made for each other!!|
|No brussels sprout haters can resist!!|
15 MINUTE BRUSSELS SPROUT PESTO
Slightly adapted from Heather Cristo Cooks
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup plus a few tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- 1 pound pasta
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boiled.
- Clean off brussels sprouts, remove outer leaves and cut in half. Cook in boiling water until bright and tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Keeping the water boiling, remove brussels with a slotted spoon and rinse under cold water in a colander. Set aside.
- Put pasta into boiling water and cook using the box's directions.
- Meanwhile, place garlic, brussels sprouts and olive oil into a food possessor. Blend until smooth scraping down the sides. Add in lemon juice, walnuts, parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes and blend until completely combined. Add more oil if needed. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained toss with the pesto. Serve topped with remaining parmesan. Enjoy!