As you read yesterday, I am obsessed with small bites! How can you not be? They are the perfect party food: easy to eat AND if you are trying to watch your waistline they are great for portion control! (That is -- if you can have just one!)
You end up with these cute little bites that would fit in at a swanky cocktail party as well as a Super Bowl spread!
BAKED BEAN & CORN MUFFIN BITES
Makes 24 bites
- Box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- Can of favorite baked beans
- Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Using egg and milk, prepare Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix batter according to instructions on the box. Let batter sit out for 10 minutes on the counter. (Tip: setting batter out makes sure the muffins get a nice crown.)
- Grease 24-mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Bake for 12-14 minutes until tops are golden brown. Set aside to cool in pan.
- In small saucepan, heat baked beans.
- Once muffins are cooled, using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the top of the muffin being careful not to break the sides. Fill the hollowed muffin with 1 to 2 teaspoons of baked beans and then top with shredded cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!