We are getting our bacon fix today at Wendy See Wendy Do!! Some days you just need some salty, briny, crispy bacon! This recipe calls for one of my favorite types of bacon: PANCETTA!
Pancetta, also know as Italian bacon, is unsmoked pork belly cured in salt and spices (like nutmeg, fennel and pepper) and then aged for months. It usually comes rolled up which makes it perfect for bacon cups.
These BLT Cups are the perfect party bite in a pinch. Seriously... they take 15 minutes to make!
Adapted from Not Martha
- 10 slices pancetta
- 1 cup of baby spinach, julienned
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Place a mini muffin pan upside down on a rimmed baking sheet. Spray ten of the upside down muffin molds with non-stick spray, alternating between molds. (This will ensure the cups don't stick to each other.) Gently fold each pancetta slice around the sprayed muffin mold. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the pancetta is crisp. Allow to cool for five minutes until removing to a plate lined with a paper towel. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine mayo and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. In another bowl, toss the julienned spinach with the mayo dressing.
- To assemble, divide the spinach salad into the pancetta cups. Top each cup with two of the cherry tomato quarters. Enjoy!