Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hum Sun Tea

Oh, Wendy See Wendy Do readers.... I do apologize!

I have neglected you!

To explain... I recently got a job.  A full-time job that seems to be taking my... well... my full-time. 

No excuses!  I am back and ready to blog.
It is nearly 90 degrees this weekend in Chicago which means one thing at my house - SUN TEA!!!  I love sun tea for so many reasons but mostly because it is fool proof.  All you need is a pitcher, a couple of tea bags, whatever add-ins for additional flavor and sun.  

Today I added lemon and local strawberries for a nice hint of tart and sweet.  My other favorite flavor combinations are: peach/mint, basil/raspberry and orange/fresh ginger (which is so spicy sweet!!)
Today I wanted to kick my tea up a notch - it is Saturday after all - so I added a healthy splash of my favorite Chicago-based "botancial spirit" Hum

This ruby-colored, rum-based liquor is infused with hibiscus, ginger root, green cardamom and kaffir lime to create an herby, spicy, intoxicating concoction that you can add to just about anything!  I love to add a splash of it to prosecco.  I have used in place of grenadine to make a spicy Manhattan.  Most times, I just enjoy a few ounces of Hum on the rocks with a squeeze of lime and some soda water.  Did I mention I LOVE this stuff?

So... Hum Sun Tea was created!  

HUM SUN TEA

Ingredients
  • Large pitcher
  • 2 large tea bags (I use Lipton)
  • One half of a lemon, sliced
  • One cup fresh strawberries, sliced
  • Hum liqueur  (Click here to find a store that sells Hum closest to you)
Directions
  1. Place lemon slices, strawberries and tea bags in pitcher and fill almost to the top with water.
  2. Place outside or near a window in direct sunlight.
  3. Allow tea to steep for at least one hour.
  4. Fill a glass with ice and add one to two ounces of Hum liqueur. 
  5. Top off glass with tea and garnish with a lemon.  Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. YAY more blogs! This Hum stuff sounds pretty delish! I may have to investigate when we come out there...

    ReplyDelete