Oh, Wendy See Wendy Do readers.... I do apologize!
I have neglected you!
To explain... I recently got a job. A full-time job that seems to be taking my... well... my full-time.
No excuses! I am back and ready to blog.
It is nearly 90 degrees this weekend in Chicago which means one thing at my house - SUN TEA!!! I love sun tea for so many reasons but mostly because it is fool proof. All you need is a pitcher, a couple of tea bags, whatever add-ins for additional flavor and sun.
Today I added lemon and local strawberries for a nice hint of tart and sweet. My other favorite flavor combinations are: peach/mint, basil/raspberry and orange/fresh ginger (which is so spicy sweet!!)
Today I wanted to kick my tea up a notch - it is Saturday after all - so I added a healthy splash of my favorite Chicago-based "botancial spirit" Hum.
This ruby-colored, rum-based liquor is infused with hibiscus, ginger root, green cardamom and kaffir lime to create an herby, spicy, intoxicating concoction that you can add to just about anything! I love to add a splash of it to prosecco. I have used in place of grenadine to make a spicy Manhattan. Most times, I just enjoy a few ounces of Hum on the rocks with a squeeze of lime and some soda water. Did I mention I LOVE this stuff?
So... Hum Sun Tea was created!
HUM SUN TEA
- Large pitcher
- 2 large tea bags (I use Lipton)
- One half of a lemon, sliced
- One cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Hum liqueur (Click here to find a store that sells Hum closest to you)
- Place lemon slices, strawberries and tea bags in pitcher and fill almost to the top with water.
- Place outside or near a window in direct sunlight.
- Allow tea to steep for at least one hour.
- Fill a glass with ice and add one to two ounces of Hum liqueur.
- Top off glass with tea and garnish with a lemon. Enjoy!